ue4_tree_store_openThe official Unreal Engine 4.3 release is out! We’re proud to finally introduce our small library of tree models just for UE 4.3 users. It’s small because we’ve packed a lot into each species — drop-in UE 4.3 ready, very efficient lightmap-ready UVs, tuned LOD & wind, multiple resolutions, and much more. List price for models varies between $39 and $21 USD.

Take a look at what makes our UE4 models special.

Visit our tree model store or kick the tires on the SpeedTree Modeler for UE4 Subscription for just $19/month.

EDIT: Tree sale references removed on July 28.

11 thoughts on “UE4 Tree Store Open!

1. Chris King says:

Hi Fabien,

While we don’t have an official tutorial for working with SpeedTree in UE4, we do have a few pages in our UE4 documentation that outline it very well.

The main SpeedTree Modeler docs are here: http://docs.speedtree.com/doku.php?id=modeler_introduction, while the UE4-specific pages begin here: http://docs.speedtree.com/doku.php?id=ue4_introduction.

If you’re interested in learning more about modeling in general, the docs are helpful, but we have some videos to help: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0CAA8FD10C800614

Hope this helps!

2. Ahmad Hikmayan says:

At this point I am a bit not cleared; I went ahead and subscribed for a month to see how all these will pan out first. Nobody on this planet can do what EPIC did to the Indie community, ever. Why do we have to pay extra for individual trees yet have monthly subscription active?. SPEED TREE want to help the Indie community too I suppose but this is not the way….it’s gonna be hard for many users to agree with the set plan as is. Subscriptions should have class like EPIC did.As long as your subscription is active, you get all the add-ons as they are made available. I don’t see why SpeedTree will not do the same for Indie developers; each active users should have access to more “SpeedTree Library”(trees,plants,grass,flowers etc). Just my opinion, I cannot see myself going too far buying additional individual plants as time goes by working on my project.It’s not feasible to us.

• Chris King says:

Hi, Ahmad, thanks for giving SpeedTree a try. We knew when we set up our store that it wouldn’t work for everyone and we wanted to avoid charging a royalty, so we’ve decided to focus on developers who need a few carefully-modeled trees for their project, as well as those who want to do the modeling on their own. For Indies who don’t need that level of vegetation, another, less-expensive option would probably make sense.

We will be more than happy to give you a refund if you contact sales@speedtree.com.

3. Mike says:

Is the server down? Can’t seem to login using my account in the modeler. (ERROR: Could not contact license server)

4. Christian Baal says:

Hey Guys,
    is it possible to add paypal as payment option as well?

Would love to sub your Software, but i don’t like to use a credit card…

cheers,
    //christian

• Chris King says:

Hi Christian, thanks for your interest. We’d love to take PayPal, but we’ve looked in to it and it’s a non-trivial change, especially with auto-renewing subscriptions. I suspect it’s one of the reasons Epic took a while to support it themselves.

I wish I had better news – sorry!

5. adndima says:

I bought a subscription UE4 and I love it. But there are no examples of grass and LOD level panel, the lowest level for games

Comments are closed.