Hey guys! We’re back home after the big Unreal Engine / SpeedTree® Twitch broadcast (watch archived broadcast video below). We had a blast! Big thanks to Epic and Dana for having us out.
UE4 SpeedTree Twitch Broadcast (6/19/14) from Epic Games
[embedplusvideo height=”315″ width=”560″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1npQUX1″ standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/M0RrdZmYoNM?fs=1&start=695″ vars=”ytid=M0RrdZmYoNM&width=560&height=315&start=695&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=0&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep6479″ /]
We’ve received a lot of questions and comments and I wanted to post a few clarifying points about our offering to UE4 subscribers:
- We’re offering the Modeler at $19/month. This is a separate charge from Epic’s $19/month + 5% royalty. There is no one-time fee / permanent license offering at this time, but if that’s something you’re interested in, let us know at email@example.com.
- For SpeedTree for UE4 Subscription users, we do not charge any sort of royalty, per platform fees, or per-title fees. You can use your license for any number of titles or platforms.
- We will also offer tree models specifically for UE4 users at speedtree.com and eventually the Unreal Marketplace. Each species is packed with content. Pricing is still in flux, but they will be less than the $49 models we offer to visual effects artists.
- There were questions about using this license for non-UE4 applications. Importing and rendering in Maya for example. This license is intended for use for UE4 Subscription only and works with that pipeline only. There are no other export options.
- SpeedTree for UE4 Subscription is intended for UE4 Subscription users only. Those users with a traditional or custom UE4 license should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a SpeedTree license.
- During the broadcast, I made an offer to get early subscriptions of the Modeler to folks who wanted to start before UE 4.3 is available. To reiterate, this is not immediately available but we predict it will be soon and in advance of the UE 4.3 release. SpeedTree for UE4 Subscription will be available to everyone when UE 4.3 is released.
- The Modeler will cease to function at the end of your subscription term, but any trees you create with it or buy at the SpeedTree Store will continue to operate in UE4 indefinitely.
- We will be releasing new tutorials, but here are several on the Modeler to get you started.
- If you’d like to be added to our UE4 Subscription announcement list, email us at email@example.com.
While SpeedTree won’t meet everyone’s vegetation needs, we hope you’ll give it a shot. We are very excited about offering a subscription model along side our good friends at Epic Games!