If you’re going to be in San Francisco next week, be sure visit to the IDV team in Booth #831 at GDC 2013 (March 27-29, Moscone Convention Center), where we’ll be debuting our new version of SpeedTree for Games.
Our just-released version 6.3 includes some important new features for game developers, including:
- New Platform Support: Support of Sony Computer Entertainment’s recently-announced PlayStation®4 console and other new platforms
- Tools-Only License Option: Availability of additional pricing configurations, including a tools-only licensing option for customers who don’t require the SpeedTree SDK
- “Simplify” Feature: A new feature that quickly and easily creates low polygon models from high definition, cinema-quality models
- “Mesh Wizard”: A new tool that aids the process of importing custom meshes for use as leaves, obstacles and more
- Improved Exporters & Import Scripts: Enhanced workflow of SpeedTree models into other software applications
- Additional Enhancements: Automatic computation of ambient occlusion upon “save”, double-click zoom and more
If you’re ready to take a look at the new version and have licensed v6.x, or are currently evaluating v6, v6.3 has already been added to your account. Email me if you’re not sure about your license status, if you want to see our beta SDK support for the PS4, or have any other questions. To schedule a meeting with us during the conference, fill out our contact form (be sure to select the check box about scheduling at meeting at GDC 2013).
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.