In Los Angeles this week? If so, please pay a visit to the IDV team in Booth #244 at SIGGRAPH 2012 (August 7-9, Los Angeles Convention Center). Not only does the world’s largest computer graphics conference promise to be better than ever this year, but this will also be the first time we’ve shown our new version of SpeedTree Cinema/Studio and SpeedTree for Games to the public!
We’re so thrilled about this product release that we’re offering a limited-time discount on SpeedTree Cinema and SpeedTree Studio v6.2, exclusively to qualified SIGGRAPH attendees who come to our booth at the show.
Why should you also be excited about SpeedTree Cinema/Studio v.6.2? Here are some highlights of the new features . . .
- Wind Wizard. Automatically computes wind parameters based on minimal guidance from the user
- Property Categories. Category buttons appear at the top of the property for complex objects to speed up property editing
- Simpler Mesh and Material Importing. Imports, creates, and assigns assets in one step any place where meshes and materials can be assigned to tree components; also, mesh and material import options added to “File” menu
- Texture Conversion on Export. Converts textures to the format of your choosing during export
- Screenshot Safe Frame. Rendering the “safe frame” for screen shots can now be enabled via the “Tree Window” properties. This feature shows the area that will be used on the next image or material export
Also appearing for the first time at SIGGRAPH, SpeedTree for Games v6.2 also features the new Wind Wizard, as well as the following . . .
- Deferred rendering. Including multiple render target support in the Compiler, shader system, and SDK
- Compiler Enhancements. Featuring per-texture color balance controls for faster iterations
- Faster Model Computations. Up to six times faster in the Modeler, mesh crawling algorithms up to three times faster, and leaf collision speeds up to 35 times faster – improvements which, combined with GUI and collection optimizations, make for an even more interactive experience
- New Navigation Options. Background image support, and viewport rendering options in the Modeler
The IDV team is primed and ready to demo all of these new features for the very first time on the show floor. If you’re planning to be at SIGGRAPH, please take a few minutes to come see our latest and greatest software at Booth #244 (South Hall).